Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Ceramic Hand Forming Workshop
This workshop is suited to anyone interested in creating functional items not on the pottery wheel. No experience necessary.
Hand forming techniques will be demonstrated including how to roll out clay to create small plates, pinch pots, trays & spoons using a variety of stoneware clays & incorporating texture. Clay & tools are provided.
All Items will be fired twice. Items will be glazed by the teacher - and will be food safe. Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected.
A light lunch will be provided during day workshops. Evening workshops there will be a grazing board along with a selection of wines and bubbles.
* PLEASE NOTE: Workshop will be unable to go ahead if there are less than 6 bookings*
** The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with showroom**
- How to work your clay into organic, free formed functional platters, pinch bowls, spoons.
- How to incorporate texture and apply surface decoration.
- How to create hand formed, organic pieces which can be used in the home.
- Light lunch provided. Tea/Coffee.
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Casual comfortable clothes.
No experience necessary, all ages welcome, no skills needed.