Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Introduction to Hand Building Workshop
This workshop is suited to anyone interested in creating functional items not on the pottery wheel.
No experience necessary.
Hand building techniques will be demonstrated including:
- how to roll out clay to create small plates, pinch pots, trays & spoons, small planters.
- how to use a variety of stoneware clays & incorporate texture
- clay & tools are provided.
All Items will be fired twice. Items will be glazed by the studio - and will be food safe. Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected approximately 2-3 weeks after.
Students can make up to 5 items to fire and glaze. * If you would like to keep extra pieces made on the day there will be a small firing charge, please discuss with Sarah on the day.
Enjoy a glass of wine, non alcoholic beverage, kombucha and some cheese whilst learning how to hand build in a relaxed studio environment.
Kids 8+ are welcome to join as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
The studio is a comfortable working space with heating & air conditioning, complete with shop. EFT facilities & gift wrapping available.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
Bookings cancelled up to 7 days prior to the class date will be refunded in full. Bookings cancelled 7 days or less before the class date will be refunded only if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function).
- How to work your clay into organic, free formed functional platters, pinch bowls, spoons.
- How to incorporate texture and apply surface decoration.
- How to create hand formed, organic pieces which can be used in the home.
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Grazing platter, a glass of wine & non-alcoholic beverages.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
Casual comfortable clothes and closed in footwear.
No experience necessary. Children welcome if accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children is 8yrs.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd or organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd classes and events or on Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd 's premises. (For use of Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd marketing materials).
Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)