Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Marbling on The Wheel
This workshop is suited to anyone interested in learning the art of 'Marbling', a technique of combining multiple clay bodies together using the pottery wheel.
* Important - You must have experience on the wheel, know how to centre clay & completed at least a beginner level course to get the full benefit of this workshop.
Demonstrations such as wedging different clay bodies will be shown as well as refining this technique to create specific marbling effects.
This workshop is designed for students to work at their own pace on their own creations.
- Clays & tools provided.
- All Items will be fired & glazed by the teacher . Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected.
- A light lunch will be provided.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with showroom
- How to combine different stoneware clay bodies to use on the wheel.
- How to wedge clay so you can create specific patterns
- Creations made on the day after they have been fired & optional glazing.
- Learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio.
- Light lunch, tea & coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes & closed in footwear.
Everyone interested in learning how to combine different clay bodies. Must have experience on the pottery wheel and know how to centre clay.
If you are unable to attend the course and need to cancel please give us at least 7 days notice via email so we can offer the space to someone else. If less than 7 days notice is given, then a refund or transfer is no longer applicable.