Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Marbling on The Wheel
This workshop is suited to anyone interested in learning the art of 'Marbling', a technique of combining multiple clay bodies together using the pottery wheel.
* Important - You must have experience on the wheel, know how to centre clay & completed at least a beginner level course to get the full benefit of this workshop.
Demonstrations such as wedging different clay bodies will be shown as well as refining this technique to create specific mabling effects.
This workshop is designed for students to work at their own pace on their own creations.
Clays & tools provided.
All Items will be fired & glazed by the teacher . Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected.
A light lunch will be provided.
** The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with showroom**
- How to combine different stoneware clay bodies to use on the wheel.
- How to wedge clay so you can create specific patterns
- creations made on the day after they have been fired & optional glazing.
- learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio
- light lunch / tea & coffee
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes. Closed shoes.
Everyone interested in learning how to combine different clay bodies. Must have experience on the pottery wheel and know how to centre clay.