Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Beginner Wheel Pottery Class
8 week wheel classes will be offered on Monday & Tuesday night during school terms commencing @ 6.30-9pm, and on Friday day from 10am-12.30pm.
All classes are a beginner level course.
What you will learn:
Wedging clay, learning to center clay, trimming, using glazes. Other topics such as firing pieces will also be discussed.
Students will be notified once work has been fired and ready to collect, generally 2-3 weeks after classes have completed.
* Note - The Friday morning class will only run if there's a minimum of 5 students booked in.
** The Studio is a comfortable working space with heating & air conditioning complete with showroom**
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- How to expand & develop throwing skills
- Glazing skills
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Please wear comfortable clothing. Must wear covered/closed shoes.
Beginners. No experience necessary.
If you are unable to attend the course and need to cancel please give us at least 7 days notice via email so we can offer the space to someone else. If less than 7 days notice is given, then a refund or transfer is no longer applicable.