Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Beginner Wheel Pottery Class
Beginner wheel pottery – 8 week term classes will be offered on a Monday, Tuesday & Thursday night @ 6.00pm - 8.30pm.
All classes are a beginner level course.
What you will learn:
- Wedging clay, how to center clay, trimming, using glazes. Other topics such as firing pieces will also be discussed.
Students will be notified once work has been fired and is ready to collect, generally 2-3 weeks after classes have completed.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with heating & air conditioning facilities, complete with showroom.
*Missed classes: if you are unable to make a class during the term, please let us know ASAP. We will do our best to offer a make up session however this is only if we have space & time available. We cannot promise to make up a missed class however will do our very best to accommodate.
* Should you need to cancel your booking and request a refund, a transfer fee will be charged*
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- How to expand & develop throwing skills
- Glazing skills
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Please wear comfortable clothing. Must wear covered/closed shoes.
Beginners. No experience necessary.
If you are unable to attend the course and need to cancel please give us at least 7 days notice via email so we can offer the space to someone else. If less than 7 days notice is given, then a refund or transfer is no longer applicable.