Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Open Wheel Pottery Class
Open wheel pottery – a 6 week wheel class @ 6.30pm – 9.00pm.
This is an open level course for both beginner & experienced students.
What you will learn:
- Wedging clay, learning to center clay, trimming, using glazes. Other topics such as firing pieces will also be discussed.
- If you have more experience you can work on your own projects with one on one direction.
Students will be notified once work has been fired and ready to collect, generally 2-3 weeks after classes have completed.
*The Studio is a comfortable working space with heating & air conditioning complete with showroom
Missed classes: if you are unable to make a class, please let us know ASAP. We will do our best to offer a make up session however this is only if we have space & time available. We cannot promise to make up a missed class however will do our very best to accommodate
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- How to expand & develop throwing skills
- Glazing techniques shown
- All work created during the 6 weeks. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Must wear covered/closed shoes. Comfortable clothing.
Beginners and intermediate students welcome
If you are unable to attend the course and need to cancel please give us at least 7 days notice via email so we can offer the space to someone else. If less than 7 days notice is given, then a refund or transfer is no longer applicable.