Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Making Plates on the Wheel
This workshop is suited to all levels of wheel throwers interested in learning how to create Plates/Flatware on the Wheel.
* Important - You must have experience on the wheel, this workshop is not designed for those who have never been on the wheel. You must know how to centre clay & completed at least a beginner level course to get the full benefit of this workshop.
This Workshop will be over 2 days.
Day 1 - Creating on the wheel - Saturday 29th June
10.00am - 3.00pm
- 10.15am - 10.30am Welcome over coffee & refreshments.
- 10.30am Workshop begins by looking at different plates and getting ideas.
- 1pm LUNCH, a grazing board will be delivered.
Sarah will share the process she goes through when she receives a restaurant commission, including the types of clay's she uses, the drying process, firing, things not to do, using batts.
Day 2 - Trimming & Decoration - Sunday 30th June
1.00pm - 4.00pm
- 1.00pm - Hot finger food & refreshments available on arrival.
- 1.30pm - 4.00pm Workshop begins with demonstration on trimming then students have the remainder of the time to complete their pieces.
- This workshop is designed for students to work at their own pace on their own creations with one on one guidance and assistance.
- Clay's & tools provided. Clay supplied is a Stoneware off white throwing Clay which is used in Sarah's education program. A dark stoneware clay will also be available for those interested.
- Pieces will be bisque fired. Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected, approximately 2-4 weeks after.
- Glazing is not covered in this workshop. If you would like to glaze you you will need to book into an Studio Access Session at a later date. *If you are a current student enrolled in a term class you can glaze your plates during that time at no additional charge.
* All students who have completed a term course within the past 12 months receive a 10% discount. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your discount code.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with shop.
- How to create plates/flatware on the wheel
- How to trim & decorate plates/flatware
- Creations made on the day after they have been fired & optional glazing.
- Learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio.
- Light lunch, tea & coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes & closed in footwear.
Everyone interested in learning how to make plates/flatware. Must have previous wheel experience & know how to centre clay
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)