Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Throwing Bowls Workshop
This workshop is suited to all levels of wheel throwers interested in learning how to create bowls on the Wheel.
* Important - You must have experience on the wheel, this workshop is not designed for those who have never been on the wheel. You must know how to centre clay & completed at least a beginner level course to get the full benefit of this workshop.
This Workshop will be over 2 days.
Day 1 - Saturday ~ Creating on the wheel
10.00am - 3.00pm
10.00 - 10.30 Welcome over coffee & refreshments.
10.30 Workshop begins by looking at different bowls and getting ideas.
Day 2 - Sunday ~ Trimming & Decoration
11.00am - 3.00pm
Workshop begins with demonstration on trimming then students have the remainder of the time to complete their pieces.
Tissue transfers available for students to use.
Light lunch provided both days. Coffee & Tea.
- This workshop is designed for students to work at their own pace on their own creations with one on one guidance and assistance.
- Clay's & tools provided. You are welcome to bring in your own tools. Clay supplied is a Stoneware off white throwing Clay which is used in Sarah's education program. A dark stoneware clay will also be available for those interested. Stains will be on offer for those wishing to colour clay.
- Pieces will be bisque fired. Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected, approximately 2-4 weeks after.
- Glazing is not covered in this workshop. Optional glazing and firing services can be arranged at an additional charge. Please see Sarah on the day.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with studio shop, EFT facilities.
- How to create bowls on the wheel
- How to trim & decorate bowls, turning a foot.
- Creations made on the day after they have been fired & optional glazing.
- Learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio.
- Light lunch, tea & coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes & closed in footwear.
Everyone interested in learning how to make bowls. Must have previous wheel experience & know how to centre clay
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)