Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
BEGINNER Wheel Class
Beginner wheel pottery a 6 and 8 week term class will be offered on Wednesday morning & Thursday night during term 4 - This is for beginner level students only
Wednesday: 10-12.30pm, 6 weeks, $419pp - minimum of 4 students for this class to run.
Thursday: 6-8.30pm, 8 weeks, $525pp
The tutor for this class is Elizabeth Bell.
Elizabeth Bell is a ceramic artist and pottery teacher from Melbourne, (Australia). She first took to the wheel in 2015, under the tutelage of Dr Darren McGinn at Studio Made. Since then Elizabeth has completed workshops in Kyoto (Japan), Jaipur (India) and Cappadocia (Turkey), as well as an internship at Illyria Pottery in Oxford (UK). For the past two years she has been based in London, teaching introductory pottery classes in the studio of Jo Davies Ceramics.
Elizabeth specialises in wheel-thrown stoneware, producing functional items with both purpose and individuality. She describes her technique as a product of global influences, and draws inspiration from patterns, colours and textures found in the natural world.
What you will learn:
- Wedging clay, how to center clay, making cylinders and small bowls, trimming, using glazes, decoration techniques.
Students will be notified once work has been fired and is ready to collect, generally 2-3 weeks after classes have completed. We cannot promise make up classes for any missed classes during the term. We will do our best to try and accommodate when absences arise.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with heating & air conditioning facilities, complete with showroom.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- How to expand & develop throwing skills
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Please wear comfortable clothing. Must wear covered/closed shoes.
Beginners. No experience necessary.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd or organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd classes and events or on Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd 's premises. (For use of Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd marketing materials).
Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)