Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Flatware Wheel Course
4 Week Flatware Intensive Course
Learn how to make beautiful flatware on the wheel.
Over a 4 week period I will share how I create a variety of plates on the wheel and how I trim and glaze them suited to their shape.
Week 1: learning the art of opening the clay, I will show you the technique I use and how I open and widen large pieces of clay.
Week 2: as above.
Week 3: trimming
Week 4: glazing.
**Please note - to get the full benefit of this class I recommend at least a 8 week term either with me or the equivalent and feel confident to centre clay.
Please bring an apron and towel to all classes. Closed toe shoes are essential.
Please note there will be a 2 week break between class 3 and class 4 to assist with drying and firing everyone’s pieces.
What you get:
I x bag of stoneware clay. *additional clay can be purchased from $5 per kilo which includes firing and glazing.
Use of all studio tools.
*If you have batts at home please bring them in to use as the studio only has limited supply. If you use particular tools at home, please bring them with you.
- How to create flatware on the wheel
- How to trim & decorate flatware
- Creations made during the 4 week course
- Learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes & closed in footwear.
Everyone interested in learning how to make flatware. Must have previous wheel experience & know how to centre clay to get the full benefit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd or organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd classes and events or on Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd 's premises. (For use of Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd marketing materials).
Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)